Preparing yourself and your family is important. Here is a checklist of items you may find helpful in preparing for surgery:
- Talk with your physician and SCTC Pre-Op department about any daily medications you are currently taking.
- Notify your physician immediately if you cannot keep your scheduled appointment for surgery, if you may be pregnant or if you experience any changes in your health such as a cough, fever or a cold.
- For your safety and protection you will not be allow to drive after surgery. Please arrange for a responsible person to drive you home and remain with you for 24 hours after your surgery. May drive if you had ONLY local anesthesia.
- Approximately one week prior to surgery a pre-op nurse will call you in order to compete a medical history and answer any questions you may have. The day before your surgery a Pre-Op Nurse will call to confirm your arrival time.
- For your safety, please do not eat or drink anything (including water) after midnight the evening before your surgery, unless instructed by our personnel. You may brush your teeth, just do not swallow any water.
- If the patient is a child or minor (under 18) one or both parents must remain at the Surgery Center while the child is at our facility. A parent (or legal guardian) must sign release permits for surgery. A guardian must bring written proof of guardianship or power of attorney or surgery may be delayed.
- The day of surgery please bring your insurance card, photo ID and any fees due by you. Leave your valuables at home, including jewelry and watches.
- Please do not bring any children to the surgery center if they are not having surgery.