Why am I receiving more than one bill for the same surgery?
There are a number of separate charges associated with your surgical procedure. You MAY receive charges from several companies.
- Surgical Center of the Treasure Coast– facility fee for your surgical procedure.
- Your surgeon’s office – his/her fee for performing your surgery.
- Anesthesiologist – his/her fee for anesthesia services for surgery.
- Radiology – services for x-ray, if required.
- Pathology – services for tissue specimens removed during surgery requiring further examination.
- Laboratory – services for laboratory tests run on specimens removed during surgery.
What type of credit cards do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
When should I expect my first bill?
We will bill you any balance due after your insurance company has paid your claim. There may be a delay if your insurance company has paid us incorrectly and we have re-submitted your claim for a corrected payment and allowance determination.
Do you charge interest?
What is your credit and payment policy?
Unless arrangements are made in advance, full payment is due within 60 days of your surgery.
We will submit insurance claims for you. We may request that your estimated financial responsibility be paid on or before your date of surgery. You will receive a notice from us regarding the amount to pay.
If you anticipate difficulty in paying your bill within the 60 day period please let us know immediately.