- You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. The Surgical Center of the Treasure Coast, LLC is not required to agree to the restriction that you requested. We will notify you if we deny your request to a restriction.
- You have the right to receive your health information through a reasonable alternative means or at an alternative location. We will accommodate reasonable requests. We may condition this accommodation by asking you for information as to how payment will be handled.
- You have the right to inspect and copy your health information. Under federal law, however, you may not inspect or copy the following records: psychotherapy notes; information compiled in anticipation of a civil, criminal, or administrative action or proceeding.
- You have a right to request that The Surgical Center of the Treasure Coast, LLC amend your health information that is incorrect or incomplete. Weston Outpatient Surgery Center is not required to change your health information and will provide you with information about our denial and how you can disagree with the denial.
- You have a right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your health information made by The Surgical Center of the Treasure Coast, LLC, except that we do not have to account for the disclosures described in parts 1 (treatment), 2 (payment), 3 (Operations), 4 (other uses and disclosures), information provided to you, and 15 (certain government functions) of section I of this Notice of Privacy Practices.
- You have a right to a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices.
If you would like to have a more detailed explanation of these rights or if you would like to exercise one or more of these rights, contact the Privacy Officer at The Surgical Center of the Treasure Coast, LLC.
Filing a complaint
- If you have a complaint against a hospital or ambulatory surgical center, call the Consumer Assistance Unit Health facility complaint hot line at (850)487-3183 or (888)419-3456 or write to the Agency for Health Care Administration, Consumer Assistance Unit, 2727 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32310.
- If you have a complaint against a physician, call the Medical Quality Assurance, Consumer Services office at (850)414-7209 or write to Agency for Health Care Administration, Medical Quality Assurance Consumer Services, 2727 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32310. Call toll free at (888)419-3456 to check the status of complaints.
- All Medicare beneficiaries may file a complaint or grievance with the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman. Visit the Ombudsman’s webpage at: www.medicare.gov/claims-and-appeals/medicare-rights/get-help/ombudsman.html